“How to Get Rid of Harmful Emotions and Addiction”
It is normal to experience negative emotions.
But to wallow in them is not healthy.
They’ll rob you of your inner peace.
They’ll lead you into vices such such as drugs and
alcohol. They’ll take away from you the opportunity
to be truly happy and free. They’ll make you sour.
Negative emotions are harmful to you and to others.
They are bad for your health! Ask your doctor.
Negative emotions cause physical illnesses.
Negative Watch List!
STEPS TO EMOTIONAL FREEDOM
STEP 1- Understand the Root Cause
- Understanding and recognizing the root cause of a negative emotion solves the problem halfway. Ask yourself: Why are you angry? Why are you depressed? Probably you blame somebody or the event that upset you. But don’t stop there. Search yourself honestly. Are you sure it’s not one of these reasons?
- You did not get what you wanted
- Your ego was hurt
- You have a silent grudge against that person
- You are envious of that person
- You are low on funds
- You are afraid to fail
- You have done bad against someone
- You are living in sinBelieve it or not, negative emotions happen because there is something bottled up within you. The event or person you thought caused the feeling are only instruments.Consider a clear brook. Get a stick and stir it. If the brook is clean, it will remain clear. But if plenty of mud are settled underneath the waters, it will get murky at the slightest stirring. It may take long to let them settle again. And it will not clear if you keep on
stirring it.You are like that brook. If you are peaceful inside, no amount of provocation will make you go into a rage or depression. You may feel upset for a short while but you’ll be over it soon.Are you living in sin?When we are living in sin, we separate ourselves from the grace of God. In doing so, our prayers seem to fail in easing up our pains.“Surely the arm of the Lord is not too short
to save, nor His ear too dull to hear. But
your iniquities (sins) have separated you
from God; your sins have hidden his face
from you so that He will not hear”(Isaiah 59:1-2).Unconfessed sins separate us from God, so that He cannot hear.
STEP 2- Decide to Overcome It! Do Something.
- Sometimes, a negative emotion lasts long because you cling to it. You love holding on to the feeling even if you know nothing good will come out of it. You must decide to
get rid of that emotion to overcome it successfully. Think of ways to overcome it such as:
- Do your favorite hobby
- Talk to someone
- Read inspirational stories
- Listen to inspirational music
- Read the Holy Bible
- See beautiful sights
- Make peace with the people you’ve hurt
- Do shopping
- Busy yourself with routine chores
These are temporary remedies but they’ll help.
STEP 3- Pray!
- The emotion persists? Don’t worry. On your own, it could be very difficult to overcome an emotion especially if you have carried it for a long time… It has become a habit.
GOD wants you to be happy, not sad. It is the enemy that’s working doubletime to make your life miserable.
Pray every time you are assailed by negative feelings.
Pray every time you have the urge to go into vices.
How to pray? Talk to GOD like talking to a close friend or a parent. Talk as if you can see Him. He’s there beside you, you know, whether you are awake or asleep. You may pray something like this:
Heavenly Father, you know me better than I know myself. And you are more powerful than any person, than any situation. I therefore offer you my negative feelings and tendencies. Please purge me of these emotions and help me in my situation. But if it is your will that I go through this emotion, I accept it with open heart. But I ask of you to
produce something good and beautiful out of this. Thank you, Lord.You may end this with the Lord’s Prayer
At bedtime, just before you sleep, ask GOD to heal your subconscious. Ask Him to correct whatever is not wholesome in your inner being as a result of the experiences in your life.
Try this! It works!
STEP 4- Drive Away the Enemy!
- Negative feelings may persist because of the Devil’s work.He wants you to be miserable, so he ignites your emotion.Here are some of the ways to drive the devil away.
- Rebuke the devil (see below)
- Repent of your sins. Confess them.
- Listen to or sing worship songs
- Attend healing and deliverance session, fellowships, or Holy Mass.Examples on How to Rebuke the Devil
With authority say this verbally or in your mind:
“I rebuke you Satan, in Jesus’ name!”
Then focusing your mind on God, utter the Lord’s Prayer or this phrase:
“Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One,
have mercy on us and the whole world. (2x). Jesus, King of Mercy, have pity on me.
The Lord’s PrayerOur Father, Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who
trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.~ Amen. ~Note: This was the prayer taught by Jesus Christ to his disciples when He was still on earth.
Believe in your heart and say:By the power of Jesus Christ who lives in me, I command you Satan, depart from me, right now In Jesus name!Our Father… (recite the Lord’s Prayer)
Sample 3: Talk to God this way:Lord God, if there are evil forces that are attacking me now or are wanting to attack me, or my family, my finances, possessions and properties…please send forth thy mighty angels to destroy all forces of evil around us and grant us your protection and your peace.Our Father… (recite the Lord’s Prayer)
Recall…is there somebody in the recent or distant past that you have hurt in a similar way? Sometimes, you are made to undergo unpleasant experiences to make you realize how it was with the person you have hurt.
If the answer to the above question is YES, then ask GOD to forgive you for what you have done. Be sincerely sorry. Then ask God to bless that person whom you have not been just. You may also pray the Lord’s Prayer and offer it to God in behalf
of that person.
You’ll be blessed doubly for this.
Think of the people who are in a worse situation than you are:
Lonely? Think of the elderly who are alone.
Afraid? Think of the abandoned young orphans.
Angry? Think of the victims of injustice.
Tired? Think of breadwinners trapped in hazardous occupations.
Or simpler still, think of your friends who may have big problems
Focus your mind on that group or your friend in a difficult situation…follow where your heart leads you. Then PRAY that these people or your friend may find peace, joy and blessings. There’s power in your prayer for others. Every prayer you utter has an effect in the Spiritual world. It breaks the power of darkness that surrounds these people. If you’re praying for a friend, you’ll find out one day that your prayer has not been for nothing something.
And… the prayer you offer for others rebounds!
Believe. Trust GOD.